Friday, January 15, 2010

What is the difference between getting a manicure or your nails done?

Like in the looks.


and what actually happens. thanks :)What is the difference between getting a manicure or your nails done?
I don't know about other people, but when I say I'm going to get my nails done, I mean that I'm having acrylic nails on them, polish applied and maybe a design on them. If I'm going to just have my own natural nails cut, shaped, filed and buffed, then I say I'm going to get a ';manicure';. By the way, that is how it is listed on the price chart they have posted at the Nail Shop on the wall: Manicure and the price, acrylic and the price, French Nail and the price (white polished just on the tips), etc.What is the difference between getting a manicure or your nails done?
A manicure involves the whole hand. Getting your nails done is just involving the nails. With a manicure, the hands are pampered- lotion is usually involved, some people also like to exfoliate and soak the hands first, and/ or use a paraffin wax treatment to help further moisturize the skin on the hands. It also includes, usually getting your nails done, but not necessarily painting them. If you just get your nails done, nail polish is usually applied.
When people get a manicure they usally get a massage up and down there arms and it costs more.


When you get your nails done its kinda like a polish change. Nothing special,... Or they could just not be able to think of the word manicure


';I have to go, i have a manicure appointment';


';I have to go, i am getting my nails done';





Same thing...





Ok well they paint your nails, thats about it.


They push back your cuticles, they file em, they buff them, they pait em, they clear coat em...








Thats about it
i think theyre the same o_o


i think that saying ';getting your nails done'; is what people say when they cant think of the word manicure
It's the same exact thing.


A manicure IS getting your nails done!
It's the same exact thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment