Thursday, January 21, 2010

Best technique for self french manicure on short nails?

I just bought one of those french manicure sets, cause i'm all about DIY. But, I can't seem to get the white tip to look good. Everytime I do it, it just looks messy. I bought the one with the pen thinking it would be easier to maneuver, but I think it's mainly because my nails are so short. Anyone have any good tips? I've tried using the guides and regular scotch tape, which worked ok, but not the way I wanted. Please help!Best technique for self french manicure on short nails?
The forms don't work very well. The best thing to do is to paint everything except your thumbs, then use your thumbnail as a tool to straighten your lines. Then at the last you can do your thumbs very carefully. If you want to really make them look good, though, you will need to go buy a blunt edge craft or nail brush. Dip the brush in remover and remove the white polish that is sloppy.Best technique for self french manicure on short nails?
I just paint on the nail and finger tip so that the line on the nail is straight and then use a q-tip with nail polish remover and take off the excess white on my finger tip. It always works for me, but i usualy do it on my toes. I can't even paint my own nails with normal nail polish lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment