Thursday, January 21, 2010

When you get a manicure do they touch your hands ?

I want to get my nails done but I don't want them to touch my hands because they are always sweaty. I want a french manicure, will they have to touch my hands ?When you get a manicure do they touch your hands ?
yes they do but they have gloves on :)When you get a manicure do they touch your hands ?
I love getting manicures, and yes, they do touch your hands, and none of the places that I have gone to have used gloves. It doesn't matter if your hands are sweaty, though. You can just wipe them off before. They might ask you to wash your hands yourself anyways. Where I get my nails done, I have to soak my hands in water anyways, so they wouldn't even know if my hands are sweaty. They also put lotion on your hands and arms, and sometimes massage your hands. I don't think they would do a french without touching your hands because they have to clean your nails, clip them, and then tidy up your cuticles first. Maybe if you shape your nails, and do your cuticles yourself, they won't have to touch them..... but it really isn't that big of a deal.
Yeah, they do touch your hands and there's really no way around it.





I have never seen a manicurist wear gloves, though. Where I go, I soak my hands in water and then they usually wipe off the dripping water with a towel, so they won't know that they are sweaty. Besides, they work with many different clients and I'm sure that they've seen much worse than you think. They shape your nails, tidy them up, trim your cuticles, and sometimes with massage your hands and arms with lotion.





Don't worry about it, hun. They will wipe your hands off because of the water and no one I have gone to has ever pointed out anything wrong with my nails! Sometimes they give tips about nail files and all of that, but I don't think any manicurist will ever insult you- it would be extremely unprofessional (once I broke my arm and sprained my wrist, so I couldn't brush my hair properly and the hairdresser said that I was like a first grader and couldn't brush my own hair- I got a free cut from the salon manager who was very experienced, but never went back). If it does happen, simply complain to the spa.
LOL, how else would they do your nails? They definitely do touch your hands, but if you are worried about it just use hand sanitizer when you leave the place and your problem is solved, Ha Ha!
uhm they kind of have to touch your hands....its impossible to get a manicure without them holding your hand steady or in the position they want it to be in


im sure their hands won't be sweaty or gross
Yes, they touch your hands, but don't worry. They work with all kinds of people with all types of skin. You should be fine.
probably
No they dont

No comments:

Post a Comment