Friday, January 15, 2010

How often should touch ups be needed for a home manicure?

I'm trying to learn to do my own nails. I work with computers and run a house by myself. What is a reasonable nail care regime and how often should the polish need touching up? I am not a glamour girl but want to look more feminine.How often should touch ups be needed for a home manicure?
It all depends on how often you wash your hands, lotion, etc. If you are going to wear those nails out then you might have to touch up every other day. Invest in a quality top coat and make sure you seal the polish with a little strip on the very tip of the nails. At least once a week you should take the polish off file and repolish. And every two weeks a full service manicure is good. Just remember that if ever you have significant chipping of the paint just remove it all and paint again when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment