Thursday, January 14, 2010

How do you prepare your nails/ hands for a manicure?

I am doing a french manicure at home and wondering if there are tricks to preparing nails, especially the cuticle area that gets dry and flaky. I have been using a nail conditioner but it's not doing much for the cuticles. Thanks for your tips!How do you prepare your nails/ hands for a manicure?
you dont necessarily have to do a tradition manicure using warm water, you could use parrafin wax if you have one of these units at home or you could use warm lotion if your cuticles are dry...but you should use for sure a cuticle oil to push back your cuticles or even use olive oil but just stay away from baby oil....hope this helpsHow do you prepare your nails/ hands for a manicure?
The conditioner and a little oil (any kind) in warm water.





There's lots of tips here:


http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/bathroom鈥?/a>





and some here:


http://www.free-beauty-tips.com/frenchma鈥?/a>
Yesterday, I did an at-home manicure and pedicure. My skin was dry and awful on my hands and feet. First, I used a sugar scrub on the shower. While my hands and feet were still soft from the shower, I took a thick shea butter lotion and coated my hands and feet, then put socks over them. I put shoes on my feet and wrapped my hands in plastic wrap to seal it. After about an hour I was surprised to see that my hands had soaked up all the lotion and everything was soft. After that I clipped the cuticle off and did the polish. They look better than they do after a professional manicure/pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment