Monday, January 18, 2010

How much should I tip for a manicure?

~~~Im leaving in a few minutes, taking my grandaughter 4yrs old, and I are getting a manicure. They cost $20.00 each, I have a gift certificate my son gave me as a gift, so I thought it would be a fun little outing for me and my grandaughter,,,what is a nice $ to leave the nail tech?How much should I tip for a manicure?
$5-7 would be generous if you like the manicure and considering your grandaughter is a young child, which may be harder to do since her hands are tiny...enjoyHow much should I tip for a manicure?
u dont take a 4 years old to get her nails done.(acrylic nails) people around here have been getting staff infections and dying.
ifthey do a good job, then tip, if not, then don't tip. it's a gift certificate, so, more than likely they won't be expecting a tip anyway,,, but i usually give 2-5 dollars depending on if thye're personable, and if they do a good job or not.





good luck, and have fun!!!
Well, I figure that you are already paying for the service that they were hired by their employer to do the job. So in my opinion I would tip them nothing.
a dollar is the usual thing.... but if they did a OK job, 50 cents is the thing, becuase then theyll realize they need to work harder
10%-15% of the total is expected (but do not deduct the gift cert amount from the total when calculating tip). But you could leave up to $5 each for them. It's the holidays after all :-)
I usually tip 5 dollars
For Manicure oh well if done according to your fullest satisfaction,Give her a hug-wish well for the new year and give her a small present ( instead of cash as a tip),if you don't find a quick gift selection buy a disposable camera ( from $ 3.50 to $ 6.00).
$2 should be okay for each
At least 20% of the total, if the service is good, and if not, tip at least 10%...

No comments:

Post a Comment