Friday, May 14, 2010

Please thoroughly explain what they do during a manicure/pedicure?

Thanks :)


This would be great, as I am getting one tomorrow I think and need to know what I'm in for. I am a teenager if that helps, and I would like a design painted on my nails. My nails are in bad shape so that's why I am going in.Please thoroughly explain what they do during a manicure/pedicure?
I'm a nail technician, so for a manicure, they will sanitize your hands, shape them, soak your fingers, start with cleaning around the cuticles, make sure you want your cuticles snipped because if you don't, tell them. The more you snip your cuticles the more it will grow, they will also push them back, put cuticle oil, take away any dirt underneath the nails, polish the nail bed with a block buffer, and finally add the nail polish. Basically, the same goes for a pedicure, except they will scrub your foot with a foot buffer to take away any callus or excess skin. Before all that you should pick out a colour for nail polish, and if you want any designs such as stickers or jewellery studs..it usually costs more, and same goes for a french manicure. Your nails will look great afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment