Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ladies: how do you prevent fungus from growing under your nails when you get a french tip manicure?

I just got my nails done for the first time, and i'm scared that i might get fungi underneath them.Ladies: how do you prevent fungus from growing under your nails when you get a french tip manicure?
White iodine - and keeping them dry after dishes/bathingLadies: how do you prevent fungus from growing under your nails when you get a french tip manicure?
I bleach mine, about a tablespoon of bleach in a big bowl of water. It doesn't eat the glue but it does clean them if you let them soak for about ten minutes. Some people do the same but instead of soaking they take a toothbrush and scrub under the fingernails.
I get manicures all the time. Should not be a problem. I go to a solon where I have my own instuments and they keep them sterile for me. Something to consider. But you should not have any problems :)
First of all, make sure you are going to a clean, reputable salon. Next keep hands dry. Go ahead and do your normal stuff, but limit the time your hands are in the water and make sure you dry them well when you wash dishes, shower, etc. If moisture gets trapped between your nail and the artificial tip, then fungus can develop.
I've never gotten any fungus under my nail either. But, you can try using nail brushes, add soap and brush underneath nails every night. Whenever you wash hands, make sure you focus underneathe nails as well.
ive gotten plenty on manicures and ive never had any fungus growing under my nails...i dont think you have anything to worry about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment